Skip to main content

The Creation Museum


A New Perspective


   Last week I went to the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Virginia, both very interesting places. Each tackled issues between creation and man's idea of how things came to be. First, I'll start with the Ark.


   First, the bow is in the left of the picture, even though it looks kind of weird for the front of a boat. Second, the inside of the actual scale Ark is full of exhibits about the truth of the flood and the methods that would have allowed such an amazing thing to happen. This includes methods for holding all kinds of animals, feeding and watering the animals, and methods for living. 

  It is possible dinosaurs would have been on the ark, but died due to natural selection. The flood would explain fossils and frozen fish found atop mountains. Also, Noah wouldn't need every animal. He would only need pairs of different types of animals, for example, he wouldn't need lions, tigers, leopards, and cheetahs. Only one type would be necessary. They would then spread and adapt after the flood.

   There is way more I could talk about, but there is too much to cover, so I'll skip to the Museum.

   The museum focuses more on creation than the ark. It goes from creation all the way to Christ. The entire museum is very thought provoking. However, one thing cannot be avoided: Controversy. Many atheists poke fun at these museums. "We are now teaching children to believe humans and dinosaurs lived together..." "Ken Ham (founder) is an idiot." As much as I really enjoyed the two locations, it pains me to hear those who are lost put down something so unique. I recommend both of these to anyone, saved or unsaved, with or without doubt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting an Early Start on Blogging Homework

Здравствуйте!    That's "Hello" in Russian. I'm currently trying to get a head start on my Blogging homework while waiting on my Russian teacher on Skype, Sergey, or Сергей, if you prefer. I'm sure the latter is less to your taste. He is a very smart man who lives in Belarus, working with my church as our translator. I'm also trying to think of comments for my fellow student's blogs. I'm not very good at commenting on other people's material. So I'm typing this while I think.     I say I am getting a "Head Start" but I'm sure I'll put this post off until later in the week, guaranteed. I don't have much else to say, really. Things are going as they normally do, I guess. I ate some Goldfish crackers a few minutes ago, if that counts for anything. Now I should probably go comment on some blogs.  до свидания. (Bye.)   

The Spider And The Fly

“W ill you  walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,  'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;   The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,    And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.” “Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “to ask me is in vain,  For who goes up your winding stair can never come down again. ” “I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;  Will you rest upon my little bed?” said the Spider to the Fly. “There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin,  And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!” “Oh no, no,” said the little Fly,  “for I've often heard it said,  They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed! ” Said the cunning Spider to the Fly,  “Dear friend what can I do,  To prove the warm affection I 've always felt for you?   I have within my pan...

Possible Mission Trip?

Putting It to Good Use    My parents and I have been talking and we are trying to find a way for me to make a trip to Belarus in June. We aren't 100% on it happening, but it would be a great experience if it happened. I would be going to an English camp with people my age and "attempting" to talk to them. Another thing we are looking into is finding a way to get our friend Sergey from Belarus to here for a week or so. It would be pretty cool to have someone from another country stay at your house for that long, and to meet someone who you have only seen online. He also says he was the best player on his high school basketball team, so I'm sure he'd enjoy the basketball goal in our backyard.     Updates on my life would include my girlfriend breaking up with me, which really sucked. I'm only 17 though, and it being my first relationship I can't expect too much. Life goes on or whatever they say. I'm looking forward to co-op starting back, e...